Friday 21 March 2014

My MTN contract papers are intact–Saka

Saka
One of the victims of the midnight fire that destroyed some offices, as well as property valued at millions of Naira, in the Department of Theatre Arts at the Adeniran Ogunsanya  College of Education on Thursday, was popular actor and MTN ambassador, Hafiz Oyetoro, a.k.a Saka.
In a telephone interview with punch a few hours after the incident, Oyetoro confirmed reports that his office was affected by the fire.

The actor said he lost some personal effects, including awards, manuscripts of some of his works in progress, the script of a TV comedy that he was planning to complete by the end of this year and other important documents.
“The most painful part of this incident is that I have been working on those scripts for some years. I have to start again from the scratch,” he lamented.
But, when asked if the documents of a major advertising contract he signed with MTN in 2013 were not destroyed in the fire, the actor said, “My contract papers are intact. You know they are legal documents. So I had left them with my lawyer ever since.”
Also, Oyetoro said that, contrary to general belief, his academic documents and certificates were not affected by the incident. “Fortunately I removed my certificates from my office and took them home a few days before the fire outbreak,” he said.
The fire occurred a few weeks after the popular comedian cum actor buried his father, Alhaji Dauda Oyetoro, in his hometown, Iseyin in Oyo State.
Last year, Oyetoro rocked the entertainment scene with his ‘shocking’ appearance in the MTN’s I don port TV commercial after a brief stint as the face of Etisalat’s advert campaigns.
Ever since the crossover,  made possible through a N20m deal he entered with MTN, he has remained popular and many Nigerians have not stopped talking about his amazing rise to fame and riches.
In spite of the losses he suffered as a result of the fire, Oyetoro says he is not flustered. “Although the incident is a setback, I am not discouraged. I know I have lost a lot of important documents. Even the studio where we work, which was an important facility to me, was burnt down. But I will continue to push on, even if it means starting again from the scratch,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment