Sunday 18 May 2014

I can’t pose nude – Joyce Erameh

Background
My name is Joyce Erameh. I am the current Face of Nigerian Students Fashion and Design Week. I attended Command Day Secondary School, Oshodi. I am currently studying Law at the National Open University of Nigeria. I am from Edo State and I am the last child out of a family of seven. We support one another in everything. My mother used to be a seamstress. We all have streaks of fashion in us; I guess we picked it up from her. My father is in the army. He is a disciplinarian.
Modelling
Modeling has always been part of me, but I started modelling professionally in 2013 and it has been good.
Fashion competition
A friend of mine recommended the competition and told me to enroll. He said I had the potentials and I needed to come out for people to see what I possessed. There was a time the voting was rigged. Contestants vote automatically increased by 100 but mine was still where it was. I remained honest and it paid off well at the end. I won.

Challenges
There were challenges all the way, even though I had the support and love of my family. Gathering votes was not easy at all. I had to go on streets, market places, my church, and sometimes, I slept in the cyber café but the votes I gathered counted. I knew I worked hard for it and put in all my strength.
Future
I want to continue modelling and still practise Law. I want to do both side by side. Studying law has been what I always wanted, just like modelling, so I do not see myself letting one suffer because of the other. I am very sure I will manage both well when I am done with school. Modelling, to me, is not just about the runway. Also, I will like to contest other pageants such as the Miss Nigeria and Most Beautiful Girl Nigeria.
Between schooling and modelling
I have a vision of what I want at a particular time. I am able to multitask. If I am having my exams, I step down on modelling and concentrate. I am a very studious person. I do modelling when I have direct jobs. People do not believe a woman could be beautiful and intelligent, but I have beauty and brains.
Hairstyle
The Mohawk style is my signature hairstyle. I needed to go out one day and my hair was so rough. My elder sister sat me down and pulled a few tricks on it till she came up with the Mohawk style. People thought I was trying to mimic Janelle Monae, but I was not. She is the queen of Mohawk and I am here to continue the trend. It adds to my height also. I want to have different looks at different times. I do not want to be known for just Mohawk style.
Beauty tips
I work out. Every model works out. I got registered in a gym and I eat fruits to stay healthy but I am not on diet and I do not starve myself either. I avoid fatty foods.
Nudity
I would never pose nude for anything. Models do not have to pose nude to make it to the top. It does pay sometimes, but nudity is not meant for me.
Relationship
It’s personal. That is my private life. My ideal man should be someone who is trustworthy, happy with whatever decision he makes, whether good or bad. I like it when a man sticks to his words. I also like a guy who is friendly and funny because I like to laugh.
Fashion
Style is something that inspires me and makes me stand out. I love clothes, I love colours and I can mix them well. I create my own style. I love earrings, especially big ones.
Leisure
I love to go to the movies; I go horse riding; that is my best activity whenever I go to the beach. I like to read magazines and I like to talk too.
Likes/dislikes
I like adventure, and fun. I like people who are real and I hate lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment